Thursday, August 2, 2012

DOES GOD ANSWER VAGUE PRAYERS 3


The process of struggling to hear God’s will in a matter brings us to conviction in what we are praying. When you have struggled over time in prayer you not only begin to hear God more clearly, but you believe more fiercely in what you are asking from God. Although we should be quick to pray, quick thoughtless prayers miss the heart of New Testament teaching. Matthew 7:7-8 calls us to ask, and seek and knock in prayer. But the tense in the original language calls for continual action. It might well be translated as both the Amplified and The Holman Christian Standard Version indicate, “Ask and keep on asking. Seek and keep on seeking. Keep on knocking.” Biblical prayer is not the whim of a moment but theconviction of a life time to the God of eternity.

2 comments:

  1. When I ponder things pertaining to prayer, I try to remember how God reveals Himself to His children. There are times when I feel guilty for procrastinating prayers or that my language and position wasn't fitting to the formality of the prayer being offered. And, while it is true that God is the sovereign King of the universe who should be approached as One seated enthroned upon high. It is also true that as a prince and royal heir to the throne, there are occasions where I may simply share His presence across the coffee table or walking together through the garden. There are times when my heart is deeply troubled or that I have a laundry list of concerns that require a rather lengthy petition of wants or needs. There are other times however, that I have very little to say other than, good morning Dad, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all know 2Chron. 16:9 "For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to show Himself strong for those whose hearts are completely His." (HCSB) If I could give my paraphrase: "God is looking for those whose hearts are set on God's plans and desires more than their own plans and desires."

    Following Roy's good analogy of the morning coffee table, "Dad, what is it You are trying to accomplish today, and how can I help You to accomplish this?"

    ReplyDelete