Thursday, June 26, 2014

SMALL PRAYERS


I have written a great deal in the past about praying great prayers. And I still believe they are terribly important. I have said, “I have cancer. I don’t want to spend my time praying for a better parking place at the Old Country Buffet.”
However, it is important to pray for small things as well. Jesus told us to pray for “our daily bread.”
One of the crucial things about praying for small things is that they are daily. I need to pray for my daily attitudes, my daily habits, my daily devotions. If I do not pray for these I will find I have little power to pray for great things that we face in life. The prophet warned us not to despise the day of small things. They are often the foundations of the mighty works of God.

Praying for small things lays the foundation for my relationship with God. I once heard a man say, “Some of the best praying I have ever done was when I was lying on my back wrestling with a stubborn nut underneath a car I was working on.” As we take our small struggles to God we become instant in prayer. We learn to begin praying as an instant response to life.

http://daveswatch.com

1 comment:

  1. A grain of sand tossed into the cement mixer, which creates a batch of cement, which is put into the foundation of a build, which holds the towering building up .... is important. Pray for small things.

    ReplyDelete