Thursday, May 15, 2014

FOCUSING ON FOOT


Have you had trouble maintaining focus in prayer? I often have that trouble. It is embarrassing to write it out like this, but it is still the truth. Every day I pray for God’s anointing to keep me focused as I go through prayer lists. It can be an even greater problem as I try to pray for one person or a single concern. I did something this week that helped a great deal. I walked my prayer.

Many of us understand the value of prayer-walking to pray for a street or neighborhood. But it also seems to help me focus on whatever I am praying for. Twice this week I walked through our neighborhood praying for a single loved one. As I walked I did pray briefly for houses and people I saw. But most of my prayer was for the person I was concerned about. In both cases I did not exactly know what to pray for. And I am not sure I knew better when I finished the walks, but I was overwhelmed with peace and joy as I concluded the prayer walks.

I have not heard anyone else give this benefit of prayer-walking. I would like to know if others of you have found walking helped you focus your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. I was told there was a difficulty with posting comments on my blog. I have not found them, but I am probably not looking in the right way.

    ReplyDelete