Thursday, March 21, 2013

PRAYING THE WORD

I wonder about believers who think the word of God is boring. I have heard people talk about disciplining themselves to read the Bible every day. I do encourage that discipline. But I also think we should approach it like we would a telephone. Your phone may be solid black with none of the applications your friends’ phones have. You cannot get excited about your phone. But you would be excited if someone could talk to you on it from heaven. What if it were God Himself calling your phone every day? That is of course the case with Scripture. Our Bible reading should be immersed in prayer as we carry on a conversation with God. In Psalm 119:18 David prayed,

“Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.”

As you open your Bible pray for God to open your heart to hear His voice as you read.

I cannot wait for next week. I am making videos for my 1 year old grandson. In my next blog I will tell you some of what I am encouraging him to pray.

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing I cherish more than the Word. When I began immersing myself in the Word 9 years ago, and I began to hear God's voice through it, my entire life changed. Which is why I now dedicate my life to helping others to understand that the Bible is not a book, but the very breath of God speaking to them. It is my joy through ScriptureNow.com

    ReplyDelete