Tuesday, August 9, 2022

WHATEVER!

John 2:5

His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

 

Invited to the wedding a little out of place,

Sighted by His mother with impending crisis.

She understood the family’s dreadful loss of face.

More wine they could not buy at such inflated prices.

She took Him by the hand and gave her knowing look.

He shook His head and frowned. No nonsense would He brook.

 

An omen of the times, she knew such frustrations.

“Woman,” He addressed her coldly as a stranger,

“What have I to do with you, or this situation?

Was this my purpose given by the angel?

I have said before; my time has not yet come.

My timing is more crucial than it is for some.”

 

He had not agreed nor promised anything at all.

She could only heed and trust what He would do.

“Whatever,” Mary quipped; then to the servants called,

“I never question that His word is good and true.

Trust His presence and see God's wisdom through it.

Just believe, and whatever He says, do it.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment