Thursday, March 3, 2022

WHEN THE FROST IS ON THE HOT TUB



 When The Frost Is on The Hot Tub


When the frost is on the hot tub, and it’s freezin’ on the deck,
I step out in the morning an’ feel the shivers down my neck.
O it starts my feet to hoppin’ from the ice between my toes,
An’ I feel the wind astingin’ on my legs and ears and nose.
I lift the cover without stopin’ the chatterin’ of my teeth,
An’ I watch the steam arisin’ as it forms a silver wreath.
Now it’s hard to keep my balance cause there’s ice upon the step,
When the frost is on the hot tub, and it’s freezin’ on the deck.

I start the pool achurnin’ bubbllin’ out from every jet.
An’ I feel the hot tub callin’ from the warmth within its depths.
So I ease into the water that’s at first too hot to stand.
Then I sink below the surface as my longing now demands.
Oh I c’n feel the warmth asinkin’ into my achin’ bones,
As I lie there in the water and let out a happy moan.
But soon my time is over and I’m dreadin’ what comes next,
Cause the frost was on the hot tub, and it's freezin’ on the deck.

I can feel the chilling wind as I close the whole thing down.
It was summer in the hot tub but it's winter all around.

I pick my way with caution lest I be slippin’ on the ice.
The towel I left is frozen, and bare flip flops are hardly nice.
An’ my body’s still atremblin' as I step into the house.
I shake my limbs and rub them dry and call out to my spouse,
“The air outside was stinging cold, and I was soakin’ wet!
There was frost upon the hot tub, and it's freezin’ on the deck.”



This poem was published in the book Take Me To The Garden.


Take Me To The Garden by [Jonna Padgett and David Young]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YSVLW24/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i10


Amazon Author Central page.


No comments:

Post a Comment