Thursday, October 17, 2013

LORD, HELP ME PRAY

Praying through an extensive prayer list I began to lose my focus. “Lord, help me pray,” I asked. As I continued I began repeatedly asking God to help me pray as I need. In this interjection into my prayers I find a power. I need God’s help in prayer.

I need God’s help to keep my focus. I need God to help me hunger to be with Him in prayer. I need God’s help to find time or take time to pray. I need God to calm my hyper active spirit to focus on Him. I need God’s help in humbling my heart before Him in prayer. I need God to boost my faith when I am discouraged. I need God’s hand in purifying my worldly heart.
“Heavenly Father, I don’t believe my lack of discipline in prayer means You are not interested in working mightily in our day. I don’t believe my weakness in prayer is because Your arm is too short to save. I believe the problem is in me. And I believe You are there to make me the prayer warrior You want me to be.”

1 comment: