Thursday, May 9, 2013

PRAYING FOR HOLINESS

In his letter to the Christians in Thessalonica Paul prayed for God to bring about holiness in the lives of the believers.

May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones. [1]

We don’t hear much in the church these days about holiness. We spend much energy convincing people, especially those who have not yet come to faith in Christ that God does not care about holiness. But He does.

The beginning of our prayer for holiness ought to be for our own lives. “Lord, make me holy. Lord, show me that sin I am ignoring. Lord, forgive me, and deliver me from temptation.



[1] The Holy Bible: New International Version. 1984 (1 Th 3:13). Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.

No comments:

Post a Comment